Desktop Email Encryption provides an end-to-end email encryption solution that automatically encrypts and decrypts email directly from one user's client to another's without the need to log into a third-party website or by other means.
- Enables true end-to-end email encryption using standards-based OpenPGP and S/MIME message formats.
- Provides secure email solutions with automatic encryption and decryption of sensitive email without changing the user experience.
- Operates as a proxy to increase performance while removing the need for application- and version-specific plug-ins. Works with standard email clients such as Outlook, Thunderbird, Lotus Notes and more.
- Integrates with Symantec Encryption Management Server to allow centrally created email protection policies to be distributed and managed.
- Improves compliance with policies and regulations without hindering productivity.
- Reduces operational costs from deployment and policy management by integrating with Symantec Encryption Management Server and without changing the existing email infrastructure.
- Email is encrypted starting at the client instead of the mail server or gateway, ensuring only the authorized end users can access the content.